Welcome to the third edition of the Etsy Shop of the Week! Each week I choose a wonderful Etsy shop to share with you all. We can all have fun finding new products for our homes and lives, not to mention some wonderful gift ideas for our loved ones (or ourselves!).
Today we get to meet Myriam and Mireya, founders and designers of the beautiful shop Tahara Accessories. They sell gorgeous handmade headscarves, headbands, and bandanas.
Mireya and Myriam design and create beautiful pieces that would make a great addition to your wardrobe! Not only are they the perfect finishing touch to any outfit, but they also make wonderful head coverings to wear during chemo treatments and more.
Probably my favorite headband. It's beautiful
yet casual, and can make any outfit look
great! Plus, it's turquoise!!
So, let's meet the creative minds behind Tahara, Myriam and Mireya!
1. Tell us about your products and your Etsy shop.
We have always loved the fashion industry since very little, and a few months ago our dream came true when we launched our own brand of headscarves and headbands in the US, Tahara. As users of these hair accessories, we realized there was a lack of trendy hair covering options for women. Inspired by our European origins, we try to design innovative models that fit with the current clothing collections.
Tahara's items also cover a wide range of needs: religious trendy hair coverings, fresh trendy looks, and also for women recovering from chemo treatments.
Love that Myriam and Mireya are making
beautifully stylish pieces like these -
perfect for women undergoing chemo.
Touches my heart, as my aunt is
about to start chemo for breast cancer.
2. What is your favorite thing to make?
As designers, out favorite part is the colors selection for our new items. Picking styles and colors becomes a real challenge considering the great amount of brands we need to check so our collection can fit different trends! It is really during design when we enjoy the most our job. Of course, all of the following stages: picking materials, cutting, sewing, creating flowers, as well as the marketing and final sales are also super exciting tasks for us too.
Wouldn't this be perfect to throw on
if you're having a bad hair day?
3. What are some of your favorite items currently for sale in your shop?
Our favorite item from this collection is the Black Base with Beige Flower and Satin Band Headscarf. We think it is a great combination option for this fall/winter and makes a very elegant accessory that can serve for many different purposes.
So pretty and elegant!
4. Can you tell us 3 fun facts about yourself?
- I am a very spontaneous person! I always express what I feel or think, maybe too fast? :) However, it also helps in our design tasks, since as soon as I have an idea for a new creation, I try to start putting together the design so it doesn't get lost!
- When shopping, I sometimes drive the store's employees crazy! Not only do I like to try on every single item I see, but also I try to give them advise for new creations! Even if they don't even know the designers and they just sell the items! It can be very fun to shop with me!
- I like talking to everyone! Maybe since I speak Spanish, English, and French, I tend to make conversation with anyone I meet! At the supermarket, in the streets, at clothing stores... Wherever I go I end up chatting a lot with people!
Thank you so much Myriam and Mireya for give us an inside look at your process! Be sure to check out Tahara Accessories to pick up some beautiful headscarves or headbands for yourself or a friend!
To keep up with everything new at Tahara, check out their creations and follow them here:
If you have an Etsy shop and would like to be considered for an upcoming feature, feel free to send me an email!