This recipe originally came from my mom's high school friend. While visiting her friend's house one day, the girls made a batch of brownies. My mom was amazed at how everything was just thrown into a bowl, stirred, then baked. Wonderfully fudgy, moist brownies with practically no prep time. And unlike brownie mix with its long list of unpronounceable ingredients, you know what's going into these.
These aren't healthy by any means, but they're the perfect treat to satisfy that chocolate craving in a hurry. They're also great if you wait till the last minute and find yourself without a dish to bring to a party or potluck. Not that that ever happens to me... But it's great to have a simple and delicious recipe in your recipe box just in case. (OK, it happens more often than I care to admit!)
The Best and Easiest Brownies
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts, Chopped (Optional)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured (or spray with a cooking spray that contains flour) 7" by 11" or 9" by 9" pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven until a toothpick comes out clean. Reduce the oven temp to 325 if using a dark nonstick pan.
- Try to let them cool for a little before digging in!
My son hates nuts in baked goods, but since I love them, I didn't want to leave them out. So instead of mixing the walnuts into the batter, I sprinkled them on top over half of the batter after pouring it into the pan. That way we both get to enjoy the brownies! Best of both worlds.
Hope y'all enjoy!